Value Maker Awards 2022
VMAC 2022 Award Winners
We were delighted that over 750 people were able to join us online and live from London for our 2022 Value Maker Annual Conference. We had a fantastic day and heard from loads of amazing speakers from across our networks about all the great work that they are doing in their organisations.
Following the conference we have a number of showcase sessions that are available to book via the events page of our website – please do book on to see more of the work that is taking place across the country.
We had a record number of submissions for our national awards this year – so the competition was tough! A massive thank you to our regional Value Maker leads who helped us to shortlist these and pick our worthy winners which are detailed below. We’d like to say a massive congratulations again to all those nominated, shortlisted and our winners.
Outstanding Contribution: Ranjana Manivannan, Costing Accountant, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Ranjana is a leading member of the London Inclusion and Diversity Ambassador network and has been instrumental in showcasing the programme and its benefits within the region. Through her involvement within the network she has supported the implementation of the National Equality, Diversity and Inclusion action plan and encouraged colleagues to get involved to make a difference. Most recently she has presented at the London Finance Academy Launch Event outlining what the regional Ambassadors have been up to in the past year.
Outstanding Contribution: Kim Da Silva, Head of Financial Management, West Midlands Ambulance Service University NHS Foundation Trust
Kim is the Midlands Sponsee lead and has been the driving force in promoting the programme within the region. Without her enthusiasm and support the regional network and meetings would be unable to run on a monthly basis. Kim supports many other sponsees within the region, offering advice, guidance and even Sponsoring some herself.
Drives Value for Tax Payers: Joanne Hardcastle, Assistant Director of Finance, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
Joanne exemplifies an individual who strives to increase value in every piece of work they undertake. Joanne has been at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust for over 25 years and constantly adapts her thinking in line with the latest NHS policies She is always seeking opportunities to maximise value in each decision and new initiative to influence and enhance patient services.
Finance Expert: Anton Burnham, Financial Systems Manager, Greater Manchester Mental Health
The work that Anton has done over the last 20 years to manage the Greater Manchester Mental Health Finance Systems team has been invaluable to the department. As well as being a technical expert, he is knowledgeable about information and reporting requirements and is also familiar with the operational transactional detail and works innovatively to support others to do their jobs more effectively.
FACE Award: Sonya Carey, Senior Directorate Accountant, Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Sonya is incredibly dedicated to her role as a Finance and Clinical educator. She devotes a lot of her time to educating colleagues about finance and raises awareness of the network and the benefits it has across our organisation and others. She always has time to help anyone or offer advice and support whenever needed.
Team Player: Jodi Martin, Senior Strategic Finance Manager, Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
Jodi is an inspirational colleague who has been instrumental in joining 8 Organisations together to support the One NHS Finance programme. Her passion and enthusiasm open doors so colleagues are all in the same ‘virtual’ room, encouraging them to connect, collaborate and share best practice. She supported all organisations across Norfolk & Waveney with their accreditation process and has created key workstreams for Equality Diversity & Inclusion, Health & Wellbeing, Communications, Talent Management and many more.
Making Change Happen: Sam Smith, Head of Finance – Strategy & Costing, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Sam is a true advocate for One NHS Finance and has all of the qualities of an excellent Value Maker, inspiring others within the organisation to want to be involved. This year, due to her excellent processes in place to keep on top of the workload, and the annual cost collection exercise well ahead of time. This allowed her team to take some well-deserved time off over the summer months. She has an infectious energy that she always brings to any new challenge.
Thank you to everyone for submitting such fantastic nominations for this year’s annual Value Maker Awards! The awards recognise the hard work of our Value Makers in their organisations and wider health communities, and offer an excellent opportunity to recognise achievements within NHS finance nationally.
We are excited to announce the shortlisted nominees for each category….
- Joanne Hardcastle, Assistant Director of Finance, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS FT.
- Clare Woodhead, Deputy Finance Manager, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS FT.
- Sarah Dixon, Head of Finance (London), NHS England.
- Richard Jones, Senior Finance Manager – Medicine Ipswich Division, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS FT.
Finance Expert Award:
- Stephanie Ellerby, Deputy Divisional Finance Manager, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Anton Burnham, Financial Systems Manager, Greater Manchester Mental Health.
- Helen Mulhern Wilson, Chief Contracting Officer, Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS FT.
- Kay Bryan, Head of Finance – Acute Care Division, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
Making Change Happen:
- Hollie Glazebrook, Head of Financial Improvement, Manchester University NHS FT.
- Simon Hosey, Senior Finance Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Sam Smith, Head of Finance – Strategy & Costing, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Norfolk and Norwich Procurement Team, Heads of Procurement, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS FT.
- Sonya Carey, Senior Directorate Accountant, Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Andrew Roberts, Finance Business Partner, Primary Care and Meds, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland ICB.
- Jenny Foster, Head of Service – Finance Skills Development, Liverpool University Hospital FT.
- Adele Morton, Head of Income, Contracting and Costing, Bolton NHS FT.
- Michael Reynolds, Senior Finance Assistant – System. Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland ICB.
- Jodi Martin, Senior Strategic Finance Manager, Norfolk and Suffolk NHS FT.
The winners will be announced at the Value Maker Annual Conference taking place on 15th November 2022. Good luck to all those who are nominated – we can’t wait to celebrate your successes!
Many congratulations to those nominated, please find all nominees here –
- Alex Brady, MIAA
- Alison McLaren, Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Amy Denning, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Anna Bertram, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Anne-Marie Harrop, MIAA
- Clare Hinton, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Derek Stewart, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Emily Bosley, NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB
- Geir Rafnsson, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Graeme Holmes, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Harry Vlasman, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Jennifer Leah, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Jessica Dale, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Jo Sankey, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- John Mason – FFF Submission Group, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Juliet Wearing, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS FT
- Karl Jones, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Kelly Zanetti, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Marcela Petrasova, Bedfordshire Hospital NHS Trust
- Martin Maynes, University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust
- Nicola Woods, Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Norfolk & Waveney ICS
- Paul Cornish, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Paul Ronald, Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Paula Carr, Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
- Rebecca Linford, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Ricky Shah, Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Rob Forster, Liverpool University Hospital Foundation Trust
- Sam Mason, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Sammir Radha, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Sarah Medus, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Sarah Nicholls, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS FT
- Sean Price, University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire
- Siobhan Korolev and Fiona Syder, Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals NHS FT
- Stephanie Gould, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- The N&N Procurement Team, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Tracy Liddell-Roberts (and Team), Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- UHMB FSD Development Group
- Value Maker Forum
- Victoria McConachie, NHS Digital
- Vivian He, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Zara Crowe, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust