Who is First Time In-Post CFO Programme for?
The programme is suitable for NHS Chief Finance Officers / Finance Directors within NHS organisations who are less than 12 months into their first board level CFO appointment.
The programme provides new leaders with the knowledge and skills required to become high-performing directors. It also helps you to prepare for the personal and professional demands and challenges you’ll face – and develop strategies and solutions to overcome them.
- Understand system working for new FDs and CFOs
- How to operate effectively as part of the executive team
- Corporate governance and accountability as a board member
- Inclusive leadership
- Effective working with clinicians to deliver value
- Delivering to CEO/ board expectations
- Utilising your professional networks
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria you can register your interest at any point during the year using this form.
We will contact you in August if you have secured a place on the programme.
The First time in-post CFO programme is delivered through two face-to-face events in October each year.
2023 programme dates
Tuesday 17th October – Wednesday 18th October – London
You can download the current First in post programme here. (Please note this is subject to change)
The First time in-post CFO programme is free for all NHS Finance staff that qualify.
Travel and expenses are not included.