The East of England Finance Academy has been established to help deliver the national One NHS Finance vision at local level. Chaired by Zoe Pietrzak, Regional Director of Finance, the East of England One NHS Finance Academy Board is now in place with representatives from our six ICS patches. The Board will be responsible for overseeing locally tailored programmes and initiatives to ensure delivery of the NHS Finance Development strategy in the East of England.
The vision of the East of England Finance Academy is to: ‘Develop and support the delivery of an excellent and diverse education, training and talent management programme for NHS Finance teams in the East of England, which is fair and accessible to all.’
At its first meeting in December 2022, the Board set out six aims:
- To develop all of our people and be proud to nurture talent
- To promote finance in the public sector by making NHS finance an employer of choice
- To adopt and share the latest innovations and technology, aiming to be at the leading edge
- To improve equality, diversity and inclusion in all areas of recruitment, retention and career development
- To increase networking, sharing and collaboration opportunities to support effective systems
- To support our organisations and line managers in looking after the wellbeing of staff by promoting best practice and helping develop great places to work
You can download our aims using the link on this page – over the next year we will be working on a strategy to deliver our vision and aims.
The Academy works closely with East of England Skills Development Network (SDN) and the HFMA Eastern Branch to support Finance staff in our area, delivering a range of development opportunities including our regional finance conference, a suite of technical and skills training and lunch and learn events. Together with the national One NHS Finance team, we aim to develop and provide a core finance curriculum to ensure access to the technical skills, personal competencies and behavioural characteristics needed at the different stages in people’s careers.
For more information please contact Jane Payling, East of England Academy Director firstname.lastname@example.org , or Lizzie Robson, East of England Skills Development Network email: Lizzie.Robson@hee.nhs.uk.
Follow our Twitter page – @EoERFA