Who is Career Progressors for?
Career Progressors supports Band 7-8B finance professionals to advance to senior positions. We’ll provide and develop solutions to help secure your first leadership role, and ensure you feel confident enough when you start.
- Understanding the NHS system and the critical role of finance
- Develop strategies to manage personal stress and wellbeing, and that of staff
- Inclusive leadership development
- How to own and present your authentic self
- Confidence building and career planning
- Application tips and expert insights
- Interview techniques
Career Progressors helps aspiring managers develop the non-technical skills required to succeed as a leader. You will be encouraged to broaden your experiences and identify areas for career development. We will encourage you to share experiences and help you to establish a supportive professional network of peers.
This is an innovative programme that will help to ensure Band 7-8B NHS Finance staff become the next generation of senior leaders.
How to apply:
All Career Progressors applicants will need to complete an online form.
You’ll need to provide some personal details and a short personal statement of around 500 words. We want to know a little about who you are, your story so far, and your career aspirations – including how Career Progressors could help you.
Applications will be open throughout January and February each year.
You can register your interest at any point during the year using this form. We will contact you when applications open.
The programme is delivered through three face-to-face events from May to July each year.
The training and development modules are interactive and discussion-led. Participants are pushed outside their comfort zone as we dig into the details of their careers. It can be challenging as we identify personal and professional barriers and blockages, but we work together to identify strategies to overcome them.
You can download the current Career Progressors programme here. (Please note, this is subject to change.)
The 2023 programme is taking place on the below dates:
- South Cohort: 15th May, Exeter. 14th June, Bristol. 18th July, Reading.
- North Cohort: 10th May, Leeds. 7th June, Manchester. 12th July, Leeds.
- London Cohort: 9th May, London. 13th June, London. 11th July, London.
Career Progressors is free for all NHS Finance staff.
Travel and expenses are not included.
“A really enjoyable day that gave me a lot to come away with and practical tools that I am able to implement.” Cohort 1 delegate feedback.