Organisations and systems need to be able to analyse large volumes of data to create statistical process control (SPC) charts, otherwise the true nature of performance and assurance in processes may be missed, with time and effort spent in the wrong areas.
- How might we present data so that a true understanding of the processes is understood?
- How might we present data so that the areas to focus on are known?
- How might we create tools so that analysts and developers can adapt them for local needs?
The innovation led to:
- the SQL query and Power BI template
- closer links between finance and business intelligence teams
- finance teams understanding the benefits of using SPC.
The innovation resulted in:
- an ability to quickly analyse data at scale to understand performance and variation
- finance colleagues are now aware of the training and support that they can call on from the making data count team
- an increase in the number of people wanting to join the making data count finance subgroup.