The finance team needed to create a newsletter that was collaborative and dynamic, enabling all teams to interact with each other in an effective way. There was also a requirement to reduce the number of communications to avoid staff being swamped with emails.
- How might we reduce the number of emails received while keeping the teams updated with relevant news?
- How might we pull this information together in one place where people can collaboratively discuss and comment?
- How might we ensure that only direct information required is emailed and other news is consumed in a reflective manner?
- How might we create a live interactive newsfeed, that all teams can access in their own time?
The tangible products are:
- one Trello Board is used as a collaborative workspace for news
- one Trello Board is used for useful information allowing access to process documents, timetables etc
- a reduction of email traffic and information overload.
The benefits to the team are:
- better quality communications with less email traffic
- staff being able to pull information when needed, rather than it being pushed on them
- boards being interactive and chats can take place within the cards updated (removing the reply to all approach).