Applications are now closed
The National Finance Talent Pool is made up of Finance Leaders across England who are ready now, or in the very near future, to become Finance Directors or Chief Finance Officers in the NHS.
Supported by the Finance Leadership Council – the board that sets the strategic direction for finance skills development in the NHS in England, NHS England and NHS Improvement’s Regional Finance Directors, and the NHS Leadership Academy.
‘Our aim is to build a diverse pool of talent that improves the number and quality of applicants for finance leadership roles that reflect the populations that we serve.’ Cathy Kennedy, Director of Operational Finance, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Selection into the National Talent Pool is through a competitive application and interview process designed to reflect FD/CFO application procedures. Successful candidates are enrolled onto the National Finance Talent Pool for a 2-year period, where they gain access to:
- Individually tailored support and development to identify and apply for suitable finance director and chief finance officer roles and support to produce a personal development plan.
- In-depth understanding of a board recruitment process including CV writing, interviewing and presentation skills, giving members of the pool the best chance of being successful in future applications.
- A three-day residential assessment centre which will provides participants with:
- a range of personal development masterclasses;
- opportunities to experience at first-hand how an NHS Board operates;
- networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and regional finance directors;
- time to reflect on what helps finance leaders to build and maintain resilience when under pressure in a corporate director role, including managing work/home balance.
- support to connect with a sponsor, mentor or coach.
- Action learning sets and national masterclasses.
Applications close 20th March, 2022, full details of how to apply can be found here: National Finance Leaders Talent Pool: 2022 Intake
Download the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form here.