East of England 2023 HFMA Annual Conference Competition
Launch of the East of England 2023 HFMA Annual Conference Competition.
Today I am delighted to launch our third HFMA Annual 3-day Conference Competition in the East of England region. As in previous years we have 10 tickets available to attend the event in London which this year is taking place from 6-8 December 2023.
Please see below for the all-important application information.
Who can apply and how to apply?
If you work at a grade 8a or below in the region, you can nominate yourself or be nominated by a line manager or work colleague by submitting a Nomination form.
If you nominate yourself, please ensure you have the support of your line manager as you will be out of the office for 3 days.
Closing date for nominations is Tuesday 31st October.
Why should you apply?
Representation at all levels within NHS Finance that reflects the diverse nature of our workforce and our community really matters and this competition provides the opportunity to attend the annual HfMA conference alongside senior finance leaders from across the country to hear from Julian Kelly, the NHS England CFO, other NHS Directors of Finance and inspirational and progressive individuals from organisations outside of the NHS. This competition provides not just the opportunity to those who would not ordinarily attend the conference but also supports the winners in their preparation for the event, their learning at the event and their ongoing career progression not to mention building your networks along the way.
But don’t just take my word for it, please watch the promotional Video Link to hear from Jeff Buggle, NHSE National EDI Lead as well as the below message from one of last year’s competition winners….
“I won a place at the 2022 HFMA conference, and it was a really rewarding experience. The conference itself was fantastic but also the support before, during and after really helped me to build up my confidence and improve my communication style so I could network with lots of people. Since attending I have been successful in a promotion to a Band 8A role, and believe that the conference helped me to do this. I would strongly recommend applying!“
Chloe Lumley, Efficiency Finance Business Analyst, Mid & South Essex NHS FT.
How is the competition judged?
A panel will review the nominations and award places on merit, ideally ensuring a fair spread across the ICSs.
The panel members will include me, past winners and other regional representation.
Support before, during and after the conference:
- Before the event you will be invited to a one to one meeting with your Director of Finance
- You will be invited to join a series of introductory sessions via Teams to meet NHSE senior finance staff and hear about networking tips and what to expect at and from the conference
- This year we also plan to arrange national-wide winners’ coffee roulette, where 3 or 4 winners from different regions will be able to meet up virtually before the conference to expand the number of people they’ll know when they get to the venue and grow your network
- You will be assigned a buddy ahead of the conference to help you prepare for the conference. Buddies will be an experienced system partner finance professional to ensure that you are able maximise the networking opportunities
- Your buddy will be a chaperone for you for the early part of the conference
- You will be invited to events after the event with NHSE colleagues and have the opportunity to continue networking with other competition winners.
This really is a fantastic opportunity so please submit your application or nominate someone in your team today.
For any questions about the application process please contact Lorraine at Lorraine.email@example.com
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the conference 😊
Zoe Pietrzak, Regional Director of Finance, NHS England – East of England Region.