Attracting young adults with learning difficulties and autism into the work place
Project SEARCH is a pre-employment programme to allow young adults to gain meaningful work experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to support interns in gaining essential workplace skills to build their confidence and provide an opportunity for them to be part of a team within your organisation.
Sessions for this event are listed below:
No events to show
Interns rotations last 10 weeks and are supported by a Job coach throughout their placement. It’s a great opportunity for them to work across a variety of Finance functions and gain a wide range of skills which supports their interest in obtaining permanent employment.
Examples of work the intern has been involved with include:
- Cleansed Supplier information on Oracle.
- Reconciled transactional data.
- Checked and identified differences between different data sets.
- Summarised large volumes of invoices (lease cars).
- Input data for Pay Budget Setting.
- Assisting Payroll in checking.
Alongside this the intern was also able to complete the HFMA certificate in Healthcare Finance.
We hope having the opportunity to work within an office environment and be actively involved with tasks provides a solid foundation for future opportunities.